Followers

Monday, August 29, 2016

Vocabulary Fall List #2

Faith: complete trust or confidence in someone or something, or strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
Whenever things get rough I always manage to have faith in God.
Threshold: strip of wood, metal, or stone forming the bottom of a doorway and crossed in entering a house or room.
As I opened the door and stepped across the threshold my friend was playing music.
Tarry: of, like, covered with tar or delay leaving a place.
When I wake up late I tend to tarry my house.
Resolve: settle or find a solution to (a problem, dispute, or contentious matter).
In order to leave class we had to resolve a problem on the board.
Discern: To perceive or recognize (something).
I can discern the difference between many things.
Martyr: a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.
I have read about how a martyr is killed and why.
Mirth: amusement, especially as expressed in laughter.
I find mirth in few things.
Catechism: a summary of the principles of Christian religion in the form of questions and answers, used for the instructions of Christians.
My mom signed me up for catechism at church St. John Neuman.
Pious: devoutly religious
There are many pious people now.
Frenzy: a state or period of uncontrolled excitement or wild behavior.
When I went to my first concert I was super frenzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment